Marketing & Communications Coordinator
The Atlanta Area Council, Boy Scouts of America serves over 30,000 youth in Metro-Atlanta with a
nationally recognized youth leadership program based in the outdoors. The headquarters is located
directly across from Truist Park.
The Marketing Department consists of marketing, social advertising and engagement, digital strategy
and marketing campaign planning for camp promotion, special events, membership and more. The
Marketing and Communications Coordinator focuses on digital marketing for the Council as well as
promotion for special events and outdoor adventures. This position reports to the Senior Marketing
and Communications Executive.
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator will manage social media, serve as webmaster, design
marketing collateral (print + digital), and provide support for the council’s communications.
• Support the marketing department's initiatives with the planning, executing, and tracking of
marketing programs such as email, event, social media, graphic design, photography/videography and
• Coordinate web development. This includes, but not limited to design, functionality, and
writing content, routine monitoring, maintenance, updating, and troubleshooting. Suggest, design,
and develop features and enhancements appropriate to the needs of the council.
• Manage digital communications to internal and external audiences. This includes collaborating
departments to optimize and schedule messages for constituents. Manage communications calendar,
list segmentation, and reports. Research and generate positive stories for newsletters and other
• Manage and share regular qualitative and quantitative analysis of email campaign performance,
social network engagement, and website.
• Create, manage and grow presence across social media channels. Gather and compile social
media metrics reports and conduct market and emerging trend research. Develop and execute
strategies for social media that engage the multiple audiences.
• Design promotional materials for print and digital working with multiple teams to ensure that
all marketing materials are consistent with brand standards.
• Manage photography schedule for council wide events. Have ability to take quality
photographs, video and ability to edit both.
• Provide assistance to Development Department for promoting special events and fundraising.
• Provide administrative support to the Marketing Department.
To qualify for this position, the candidate will have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, Graphic Design,
Web Management, IT, or related field.
• Experience with Microsoft Office applications.
• Proficient in photo/video editing, graphic design and print layout.
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator).
• Experience working with Content Management Systems (CMS), Constant Contact or other mass
• Experience with social media platforms including Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and Twitter.
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills, interpersonal and relationship building
skills, team-oriented, strong editorial and proof-reading skills, and high level of attention to
• Ability to self-motivate, multi-task and juggle multiple projects with competing priorities
across multiple teams.
• Openess to continued learning and enhancement of skills.